One of my strengths is my ability to take what I teach in the classroom and make it applicable to the athletes I work with. I am able to improve athletic performance by putting “book” knowledge into practice with actual food choices and meal planning. I also keep in mind the challenges you may have with exercise schedules, competitions, work, school, family and life.
I have worked with many different types of athletes from tennis players to Ironman finishers. All of these athletes have struggled to meet their training goals prior to obtaining a specific nutrition training plan. When working with athletes for the first time, I start with this 4 step process:
- Assessment of your sport and your physical needs for that sport
- Appropriate goal setting- do you need to increase or decrease body weight?
- Create a plan- including daily nutrition and sports nutrition
- Evaluate your program- are you getting results?
My specific services include:
1) Sports specific diet prescription
- Pre-training nutrition
- What to eat during exercise
- Nutrition specifics for seasonal training
2) Meal plan outline
3) Specific race-day nutrition plan
Please contact me here and let's get started!